Future Simple Tense With Rules And Examples
Grammar is a bone of contention for people. While some students do not ignore grammar rules and a chance to exercise, others just hate it considering learning rules to be a tiresome activity. No matter what attitude you have towards it, grammar is a part of everyone’s life. Grammar is in the books, Internet, magazines you read and so on. If you do not know grammar rules, you simply do not know how to communicate with other people. Future Tense has different forms and ways to be expressed in English. The first widespread tense is Future Simple. However, it may seem not as simple as it is called. It includes many functions and rules of usage which we are going to tell you in details. Studying is always hard but fortunately, our professional writers who provide a precise check of the texts help people to cope with the difficulty. Someday, you will look for a high- quality service you can visit us and ask any question you are anxious about, order English editing and proofreading, or a unique essay from a scratch.
How Future Simple is formed
Tomorrow, next day, in a week.
To make a sentence in Future Simple we need an auxiliary verb will. The sentence begins with the subject, and then we put the auxiliary verb will, and finally the main verb without particle to. Probably, you know that long time ago shall was used in Future Indefinite Tense. However, today will is the only auxiliary verb which is in widespread use. Classical British English uses both shall and will for communication. It is an interesting fact that shall is used with the pronouns I and we, the rest of pronouns - you, he, she, it, they are used with will. You probably wonder why we do not use shall on a par with will. American English uses exclusively will in the Future Indefinite Tense constructions, due to Americans prefer to make everything elementary. The usage of shall we are going to explain next in the article. Both shall and will have at least five meanings and cases of usage. If you use the shortened variant of will or shall, you cannot say which one is used as they look similar. However, in the formal letters, newspapers, documents it matters and you have to use a definite auxiliary verb.
Subject + will+ verb
I will do…
You will go
He, she, it will do…
They will go
We will do…
Will have a shortened form, if to combine it with the pronoun: I’ll go, you’ll go.
- I’ll go to the shop.
- You’ll go to the park.
- He, she, it’ll do the homework.
- We’ll go to the café.
Statement construction is one of the easiest to learn and keep in mind. Even if you are confident in your knowledge, it is worth to check sentences once again. Our online high-end service copes with such tasks successfully.
A negative construction is formed by the previous example of the statement and add the particle not.
Subject + will + not + verb
I will not agree…
You will not do…
He, she, it will not take…
They will not go…
We will not try…
The auxiliary verb will also can be shortened and it is absolutely changed: won’t
- I won’t go to the meeting.
- You won’t go to the club.
- He, she, it won’t go to the exhibition.
- They won’t go to the market.
- We won’t go to the presentation.
More interesting posts:
- 6 Reasons Why Students Need Paper Editors
- What Is Important in Choosing a Paper Editor Online?
- FAQ About Our Essay Editing Services
- Services of Dissertation Editors
- Dos and Don’ts in Working with Our Essay Editing Services
- Article Rewriting Service from Our Company
- Proofreading Services Online: How To Become A Proofreader
- What You Should Know About Our Thesis Editing Service
- Should You Get An Editor Online For Your Academic Paper
- Why It Is Efficient to Use Our English Editing Service
The interrogative question in Future Indefinite Tense begins with will, after which the subject follows and the main verb.
Will + subject + verb
Will I go? Will they go?
Will you go? Will we go?
Will he, she, it go?
- No, I won’t go. No, I will not go.
- No, you won’t.
- No, he, she, it won’t go.
- No, they won’t go.
- No, we won’t.
Special questions are formed with the help of interrogative words like what, where, when, why, who, how. The question begins with one of the interrogative words and the words’ order is the same as in the Future Indefinite question.
- What will you do tomorrow?
- When will they come visit us?
- Who will take you to the café tonight?
- Where will she go to spend a weekend next week?
- Why will we do extra work for her?
- How will get back home so late at night?
Great way to improve your grammar here: http://smartessayrewriter.com/blog/how-to-improve-your-grammar-by-reading-books
The placement of the adverbs
Students usually put words in the wrong order, especially adverbs: only, always, just, never, still, etc.
- You will always be the best friend of him.
- She will never have a better house to live in than this one.
- They will still do what they like to do.
- He will just meet her at the bus station and come back home.
- I will only buy two pairs of socks and a blouse.
This is all that you should learn to form sentences in the Future Simple correctly and avoid making phrases that don’t make any sense. As for the usage of Future Simple, there are a few aspects when we use it.
1. When we think about an action that happens once in the future.
- I will take a car.
- They will spend holidays in Paris.
2. If the events repeat in the future.
- We will visit her twice this weekend.
The words that express the action in the future are used in this case: tomorrow, next day, tonight, soon, in a month.
- He will come tonight here.
- You will bring me a charger next day because my phone is dead.
- We will talk to them about the conditions and shares tomorrow.
- They will have a rest on the beach of Maldive Islands in a month.
- I will buy a new laptop to work remotely soon.
3. When we make up one’s mind and the decision is usually spontaneous.
- I will buy this one ring, and what about you?
- Wait, I’ll give you some money.
4. When we assume that something is going to happen.
- This trip will enrich you with a lot of new experience and impressions.
- She will not open the door even if he comes.
Students also don’t know the right usage of English prepositions. Whenever you are afflicted by the grammar mistakes you do in your writing, we have the best solution you may need and this is a professional help of our writers.
Do not miss:
- Important Facts About Our Dissertation Proofreading Service
- Problems a Paper Editor Can Solve
- Signs of a Reliable Essay Proofreading Service
- Reasons to Choose Our Academic Editing Services
- Services of an Online Essay Proofreader
- How to Order Excellent Proofreading
- Pleasant Perks from Our Paragraph Rewriting Service
- How to Choose Between Proofreading and Editing Services
- Proofreading Paper: Effective Strategies
- What Proofreading Companies May Hide from You
You should note in such sentences the words that denote a doubt or confidence: believe, think, wonder, hope, be sure, probably, perhaps, etc.
- I hope she will like the surprise we prepare for her.
- They probably won’t be in time.
Find out the proper usage of language in the essay: http://smartessayrewriter.com/blog/what-language-you-should-avoid-in-essays
5. Will play not only a role of an auxiliary verb but modal. Will can express a few meanings:
- I will come and see you before I leave.
- Will you have a cup of coffee with me?
- Will you help me to finish cleaning the bathroom?
- Do not eat too fatty food. You will have problems with the stomach.
To understand the right meaning of these cases you should learn English punctuation tips as a single punctuation mark changes a lot.
6. Every second student probably is aware of the fact that we don’t use will after if. However, to break this rule is possible in the following cases:
When if is used not in case of a condition but to ask an indirect question. Indirect or oblique question is a subordinate clause that begins with if or whether but it is not considered a question.
- I want to know if she will go to university next year.
We can use will after if in case of asserting own opinion.
- If you will continue denying the fact of the mistake, you will be fired.
Will is used as a modal verb when we show the unwillingness to do something and the meaning of it does not refer to the Future but the Present Tense.
- She has tried to explain the importance of this decision, but he you won’t listen.
Learn how to revise the essay: http://smartessayrewriter.com/blog/essay-revision-service-all-in-one
7. When we speak about planned meetings, events, etc.
- The exhibition will start at 3.30 p.m.
8. Will is used in conditional sentences type 1, when the actions are likely to happen in the present or future.
- If they wake up early, we will be at the station in time.
We also use unless and an affirmative verb.
- We will be late unless they wake up early.
9. Shall is an archaic auxiliary verb for Future tense but still, it can be used if you want to ask an opinion:
- Shall I buy this jacket?
- Shall I visit this cafe?
Shall can be used to express the duty of something or somebody:
- She shall get this book for me.
- They shall do homework in time.
The lack of understanding, when to use shall or will, does not have to scare you as you always can rely on the services we provide for students.
You may like it:
- High-quality Proofreading for Students
- Dissertation Services: Writing, Editing and Proofreading
- Edit My Essay: Tips and Tricks
- How to Avoid Misunderstandings with a Paper Rewriter
- 5 Types of Students Who Need a Professional Proofreader
- Revision Paper Service Guarantees To Improve Paper Quality
- The Most Reliable English Proofreading Service
- Online Paper Editing Is Professional Look At Academic Paper
- Proofread My Essay Online, Can You? The Answer Is Here
- Can You Proofread My Paper? Rely On Us!
10. The distinction between will and to be going to.
The construction to be going to is used when we speak about the action we plan to do or what is going to happen.
It is formed the following way: subject + to be (am, is, are) going to + action.
- He is going to study French.
- They are going to watch TV-show.
Discover our hacks on writing an essay: http://smartessayrewriter.com/blog/10-unexpected-essay-writing-life-hacks
So, what is the difference between to be going to and will?
Students very often misunderstand the meaning and grammar skills improvement is needed. The usage of the construction to be going to is similar to the usage of will and they often can replace each other. However, there’s a distinction. To be going to we use when the action is planned or the decision is weighted in advance:
- I am going to buy a car. (You have found out you need a car. You have looked through the types, models, and brands. You know the place where you can buy a car, etc.)
Will is used when you want to do something but still, you are not sure about this decision:
- I will learn Photoshop. (For example, you have failed an interview with the employer. He/she said you do not have skills in Photoshop and it is a reason you didn’t get a job. You are not satisfied with it and say that: “I will learn Photoshop.”
It is useful to play the best grammar games to learn such difficult aspects of any tense.
11. Time Clause
Future Simple is not used in Time Clauses. This type of sentences usually begins with the expressions: when, as soon as, if, by the time, etc.
- When you come back from school, we will go to the park. (Correct)
- When you will come back from school, we will go to the park. (Incorrect)
Future Indefinite In the Past
It is a Future Tense in the past that is used to express the action in the future from the past point of view. It sounds weird and unclear but let we explain it so you will avoid popular grammar mistakes. It is used to narrate the story about the past events which are represented by the indirect speech of someone.
- In his email, he wrote that he would go to Paris this summer.
Future Indefinite in the Past is formed with the auxiliary verbs would/should and the infinitive form of the verb but without particle to.
- I should go. You would go. He, she, it would go. They would go. We would go.
The shortened form of would = I’d, you’d, he’d.
Check the effective ways to improve the essay: http://smartessayrewriter.com/blog/how-to-improve-an-essay-in-7-steps
Future Simple in the Past is used in subordinate clauses, if the subject reflects the past action.
- I thought I would be in time.
- He said he would be there at 12 p.m.
Future Simple in the Past is also used when the story about past events includes future actions.
- We had a deal to leave the house early in the morning and they would go to the station at midday.
If you realize that making through these rules is an impossible task for you then to make your essay concise use our help.
Future Simple Passive
It is used when we talk about the action that happens in the future. However, the peculiarity of the tense is that the accent not on the action but those who do it.
The most typical cases of Future Simple Passive usage:
- When you don’t know by whom the action will be done.
- When you don’t pay attention to the person who does the action but you consider the action itself.
- When something bad is going to happen but we do not want to name who or what is the reason of it.
To form Present Simple Passive we need:
Place a subject of the action first, then we put the verb to be in the Future Simple – will be and the last one, we put the verb in the Past Tense. If the verb is regular then you add ed and if the verb is irregular then we use the 3d form of it.
- I will be invited.
- You will be asked.
- He will be made to come in time.
- She will be sent to the main office to get the documents.
If you want to name by whom the action will be done, you need to put a preposition by in the end:
- The letter will be sent by the lawyer.
If you want to say that the action will be done with the help of somebody or something, you need to use a preposition with:
- The wall will be painted with the brush.
As you see Future Simple can be used in different cases. These rules and examples help you to understand English better if you learn all of it. Practicing foreign language means making efforts. However, we also suggest you some advice how to learn tense faster whether it is Future Simple or Present Tense:
- You should learn tenses coherently. Start with the Present Simple and try to find out a sense of the theory. The rules in English are systematized and that is why you have to discover each case for a definite tense. Do not worry if you failed to understand a word as our qualified writing team handle it for you.
- People understand everything better in practice. That is why you should translate any language into English and realize why you use a definite tense. Read English books and underline sentences, for example in Future Simple, explain the case of its usage. Movies also help to understand grammar better. If you learn Future Simple Tense try to speak more about your plans, suggestions. Moreover, watching movies, reading books or articles may help if you lost essay inspiration.
- Practice English rules about 15 minutes every day.
- Find a person with whom you can talk and practice your knowledge. There are plenty of online websites for chatting.
- Spend more time looking through the hardest aspects of the tense.
- Do not be focused on the problem that you can’t understand a certain rule. Keep learning and never mind if you still make mistakes or if you are confused with some things.
More arguments for your essay here: http://smartessayrewriter.com/blog/where-to-find-arguments-for-your-essay
What you definitely do not know about Future Tense
The auxiliary verb shall is from Old English word sceal akin to Old High German scal that means ought to, must. The first use of shall dated before 12th century. Will is from Old English wyllan which akin to Old High German wili. Most of the linguists say that English Future Simple does not exist. When we speak about any tense we use the appropriate auxiliary verbs to bring the right meaning. However, in Future Simple, the verb cannot be changed in its form. Tense has to have a special ending for the verb so it can be named a definite tense.
To craft plagiarism-free essay is a modern snag among students and everyone who deals with the paperwork. Writing a unique content is a beast of a job although there is plenty of information on the Internet. A perfect grammar is a first step to write a good essay. Tenses always confuse students and their usage is not as clear as it should be. Due to every text has to be checked and edited, we propose you to use our service. Proofreading includes the check of proper usage of the language, tenses, grammar, and spell. We make sure to take into account all your interests. If you place an order on our website, you explain what you want to be done. Choosing our help means that, it will be delivered on time. Visit our website if you want your essay to be free of any mistakes and interesting for readers. We provide 24/7 and all useful information.